- This event has passed.
The Conference Board of Canada – Canada’s North Beyond 2013
October 15, 2013 - October 17, 2013
400 Delegates / Free Northern Networking Exchange / Registration Discounts:
The Conference Board’s Centre for the North is pleased to present Canada’s North Summit 2013, taking place October 15-17, 2013, at the Coast High Country Inn and Yukon Convention Centre in Whitehorse, Yukon. We expect more than 400 people from both the north and south at this national event that will explore how we can build resilient northern communities for all peoples. Don’t miss this chance to:
- Get the latest analysis and forward thinking on Canada’s Northern policies and initiatives
- Network with key policy makers, industry representatives and Aboriginal organizations operating in the North
- Participate in a national dialogue on Arctic and Aboriginal issues
We’re very pleased to announce that The Hon. Darrell Pasloski, Premier, Government of Yukon has been confirmed as a speaker on the event. We’re also pleased to have The Hon. Bob Rae who will speak about his new role as the Chief Negotiator for the Matawa First Nations for their talks with the Ontario government on the massive Ring of Fire mineral development project. They will be joined by representatives from business, NGOs, academia, Aboriginal organizations, and governments, including:
- Michael van Aanhout, Chairman, Stratos Inc.
- Nils Andreassen, Executive Director, Institute of the North, Alaska
- Mitch Bloom, Vice President, Policy, Planning, Communications and Northern Projects Management Office, Canadian Northern Economic Development Agency
- Justin Ferbey, Chief Executive Officer, Carcross Tagish Management Corporation
- Jennifer Flanagan, Co-Founder, President and Chief Executive Officer, Actua in the North
- Alanah Heffez, Director, Operations, English and Northern Schools, Youth Fusion
- Anja B. Jeffrey, Director, Centre for the North, The Conference Board of Canada
- Nitin Kawale, President, Cisco Systems Canada Co.
- Jorn Meier, Director, Public Works, Tr’ondëk Hwëch’in, Yukon
- Stephen Mooney, Director, Cold Climate Innovation, Yukon Research Centre, Yukon College
- James Nasso, Chairman of the Board, Agnico-Eagle Mines Limited
- Scot Nickels, Director, Inuit Qaukisarvingat, Inuit Tapiriit Kanatami
- Anna Reid, Past President, Canadian Medical Association and Emergency Physician, Stanton Regional Health Authority, Yellowknife
We’re working hard on developing our full agenda! For the most recent updates and confirmed speakers to date, please click here.
Don’t miss our Northern Networking Exchange!
This afternoon event will be open to the public, and give everyone—across education, skill, and interest levels—an opportunity to exchange ideas and connect for the future. We will be offering exhibition space giving local and national organizations the opportunity to showcase their northern operations. If you are interested in exhibiting please contact me directly at the information below.
Contacts of the Institute Save on Registration!
Don’t miss this chance to network with your peers and lend your voice to the discussion on the future of the North! Register online before August 16 and quote your rebate code PRM9 to save $400 off of the total conference fee! We also have special rates available for aboriginal groups, northern travelers, not for profits, and more. For more information on these special rates, or the event itself, please contact Joel Elliott at firstname.lastname@example.org